Representing Businesses and Individuals in Chicago and Northern Illinois

Property Disputes

Are you having a property dispute with someone? We can help. Having your name on a deed to property with a former spouse or with someone you no longer get along with can be awkward and financially devastating. Perhaps your co-owner is refusing to pay their share for the expenses relating to the property mortgage? Perhaps they are refusing to contribute to the property maintenance, repair or improvement. The law does provide a remedy in such situations. You can bring a lawsuit asking the court to make an accounting to determine the equitable apportionment of ownership. You can even ask that the property be sold in a partition suit.

We can counsel you through this process and help to protect your ownership and financial interests. A lawsuit to settle ownership interests in property is one which seeks to “quiet title”, and when you have a quite title, you will definitely sleep better at night.